There have been recent changes to how agricultural land can be used in Cyprus. After researching the new laws, we have confirmed that the below conditions have to be met in order to build on agricultural land.
* There is sufficient access to a public road
* Only a permanent resident who does not already own a property in Cyprus can build.
* The building density is at least 10%
* The size of the plot is at least of 6000Sq.m.
* Once the property is built, it cannot be sold for at least 10 years unless it is an inheritance.
* It is within the drinking water zone.
Purchasers of agricultural land in Cyprus will NOT be allowed to build unless the above minimum preconditions has been met. If the land can only be used for agricultural use it will affect the value and who is likely to want to buy it.
The Lands Office now has to revalue all the agricultural land affected by the new laws.
It is advisable for any potential investor of agriculture land in Cyprus to appoint an architect and / or civil engineer to apply to the Planning authority for preliminary views. This is optional for everyone in Cyprus and the authority will provide officially answers as to what is possible to be built